Do you have to stay at home in this COVID19 pandemic? If so let me know whether you wear a bra or you are passing everyday braless!
If the question arises in your mind that why do we want to know this, it means you are not well-known about the fact pros and cons of not wearing a bra.
Well, knowing the advantages and disadvantages of going braless is important for every woman. And it is more important for you especially if you are in young or middle age group. However, you may have known many myths about both wearing and not wearing a bra. But we think you should have a clear and real concept about the fact as the bra is related to your sensitive private parts ‘’the breast.’’
At the very beginning of this guide, we want to help you to kick out all the misconceptions about not wearing a bra. So the first headline is.
The Myths of Going Braless
Many myths you may hear around. Some of them you can recognize yourself what type of illogical sentences they are! But a couple of them can make you confused which are not scientifically proved.
Many women believe going braless can lead the breast to sag. They think as the breasts don’t get any support they can be saggy. But it doesn’t have any scientific evidence. If you are concerned about breast sagging, it better to know the causes of sagging breasts as you can take preventive measures. The causes are
- Weight gain.
- Genetic factors.
- Gravitational pull.
Just think, not wearing a bra can lead to whatever, but don’t make a saggy breast.
Lowers The Risk of Breast Cancer
Another myth is, many women think if you go braless then you will have less chance to develop breast cancer which is very wrong. Now you can ask me, do there have any relation between wearing a bra with breast cancer. You can read details here about this myth.
However, much researches have finished till now but no one can prove bra is the risk factor for breast cancer. Many women bear the conception that the bra interferes lymphatic drainage system. As a result, many toxins and waste products cannot drain and they are accumulated in the body. And furthermore, they produce breast cancer. But it is nothing but a myth. Remember bra is not a risk factor. And don’t forget the real risk factors which are enlisted below.
- Genetic factors.
- Previous breast cancer history.
- Family history.
The Pros and Cons of Going Braless
Almost all things have some good effects and at the same time some opposite effects also. If you decide to ditch the bra, you will have some good things definitely. Similarly, you should know the negative effects that you may have. Let’s see what are they?
- Improve Muscle Tone And Posture: The majority of women wear the wrong size bra and it makes the muscles and ligaments lazy over time in the chest region. When you are braless, they can work better. As a result muscle tone improves and it improves your posture also. At the same time, it is also proven that going braless helps your breasts to become firmer, rounder, and perkier.
- Good for Breast Skin: Regularly wearing a bra allows the dirt, moisture, and sweat to stay more on the breast skin. These may cause skin irritation and may lead to clogged pores. It happens often with the woman having large breasts. If you are a small breast woman you are less prone to have this problem. The co-founder of LM Medical is Morgan Rabach is a famous dermatologist who says that clogged pores and accumulation of dirt and sweat can cause skin irritation. And you will feel to rub the skin of the breasts and breast around. Going braless can be the remedy for this condition.
- Better Circulation: Wearing a bra for a long period of time make you feel constricted underneath the bra band and straps also. And the bra can impede blood flow to the anterior and posterior chest walls. Thus long-wearing of tight-fitted bra can impair blood circulation. But if you don’t wear this, your blood circulation of the chest and boobs are normal.
- Better Comfort: According to many women, a bra is a prison for the breast. They feel more comfortable when they are braless. But if you have large breasts it can be the opposite experience for you. It will be discussed in the cons section in detail.
- Shoulder and Back Pain: Larger breasts have more gravitational pulls that affect the shoulder and the back muscles. Almost all large breast women complain of shoulder and back pain when passing a long period of time without a bra. The breasts need good support and a bra is a right thing for providing good support.
- You Don’t Get Support: If you go braless for a long period of time, the ligaments in your bust can be stretched because of gravitational pull. And you may feel discomfort. But if you wear a good support bra around the bust, it provides support continuously that you need actually.
Are You Ok to Go Walking or Work Out Without Wearing A Bra?
Just think, you are walking or doing exercise and then your breasts are swinging around. Now think, how it looks like and how do you feel? How it looks like is not an important matter. The matter is you feel very uncomfortable.
Bouncing or swinging the breasts like uncontrolled weight may even lead to spinal pain. For your better comfort and staying away from any cons, you should wear a good quality sports bra during walking or any workout session.
How Should You Pass the Night; Wearing Bra or Braless?
In the year 2000, a study was completed on this topic. According to the study overnight wearing of a bra or anything tight-fitted can affect the sleep pattern. The study said that wearing any tight-fitting garments for a whole night can increase body temperature. At the same time, it can also decrease the release of melatonin. This hormone is called the hormone of darkness as it is released in response to darkness. However, this hormone regulates the sleep and wake cycle. Wearing a bra for the whole night is not ideal if you want to have a good sound sleep.
What do you believe; the scientific facts or the myths?
We don’t think you are delusional.
However, going braless definitely has many positive effects. But you should be concerned to go braless for a long period if you have larger breasts which are discussed above. But remember, the experience of all women might not be the same. Well, if you have any new experience regarding the pros and cons of not wearing a bra, you can write to us. If you think you have any new problem, we are very hopeful that we can give you a better solution.